Functions in Kvaser Memorator Professional
Triggers and Data Logger capabilities
- Kvaser Memorator can log continuously, or logging can be triggered by creating advanced triggers based on messages, data signal values, error messages, external trigger’s falling or rising edge, and I/O signals.
- Pre- and post-triggers are available without buffer size restrictions, limited by disk space only.
- Handles up to 20 000 msgs/s in standalone logger mode.
- Transmit messages to the bus network.
- External digital output that can drive a LED or a buzzer.
- < 250 ms boot up time.
- Supports Silent Mode - log bus traffic safely without interfering and 〝listen-only〞 mode for bus analysis tools.
- Kvaser Memorator Professional can filter out selectable messages and/or signals to be logged. The identifiers can be picked from a database, or all messages can be logged.
- Support for pass as well as stop filters.
- Create a counting pass filter to have a message logged at enumerated occurrence.
Memory cards and functions
- Standard MMC or SD type flash memory cards can be used - up to 2GB.
- Support for 16GB SDHC cards. Larger SDHC cards supported in the future - up to 32GB.
- Set up several devices in a daisy chain for larger logging capacity.
- Transfer recorded data over the USB interface at 1.4 MB/s or an SD card reader at 15 MB/s.
Configuration software in the PC
- Easy to use graphic configuration tool - Kvaser Memorator Professional Setup Tool.
- Configuration of the CAN controller, i.e. bit rate and filters.
- Configuration of the trigger conditions.
- Configuration of filter for messages to be stored.
- Configuration upload and download via USB.
- Using the included Kvaser Dispatcher software, a complete measurement setup can be turned into a self-installing package that is sent to a remote location to carry out a specific logging task.
Major features of Kvaser Memorator
- One device for desktop and laptop.
- Functionality of a standalone CAN bus data logger and a USB CAN bus interface in a single device.
- Support for Kvaser Linx J1587.
- Driver support for major operating systems.
- Quick and easy plug-and-play installation.
- Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B) identifiers.
- CAN messages are time-stamped with 2 microseconds resolution.
- Large on-board RAM buffer for CAN messages.
- 100% compatible with applications written for Kvaser Leaf, LAPcan, PCIcan, PCcan, USBcan, etc., with Kvaser’s CANlib.
- Two CAN connections ISO-11898-2 high-speed, 10 kbit/s up to 1 Mbit/s.
- Galvanic isolation to protect the hardware.
- 130mA current consumption.
- Operating temperature range from -40 to + 85 �C
- Power from CAN bus or from the USB side.
- Built-in real time (calendar) clock with battery backup.
- Logger status is indicated with five externally visible LEDs.
- Plastic housing with dimension W*L*H about 50*90*25 mm (circa 2 x 3,5 x 1 inch)
Additional software and documentation
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK, which includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN boards. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, and Visual Basic. All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one board type will run without modifications on the other board types!
- J2534 Application Programming Interface
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface
- On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.
- Documentation, software and drivers can be downloaded for free at Contact Us or purchased separately on CD if preferred.