Part No: MPCOG-GDS2Mesh
Gds2Mesh is a 3D TCAD model construction tool. It takes GDSII mask layout as input, and construct the device model with predefined and customizable process rules.
- 3D Constructive Solid Geometry engine
- Create 3D structure by extruding mask polygons
- Extract 2D polygon graph from GDSII file, or build and modify polygon graph with scripting
- Boolean operation of 2D graphs and 3D objects
- Customizable process rules with scripting
- Python programming interface
- Masked doping profile placement
- High-quality tetrahedral mesh
- Export mesh in popular data formats
The 0.13um process rule extracts the various layers in the mask set, and constructively build the device geometry objects via extrusion and other geometric operations. The placement of doping profiles is also based on the masks layouts.
The geometric engine is capable of re-creating slanted STI side-walls, rounded STI corners, bird^s beak and other details. Mesh is generated automatically, and mesh in the channel and junction regions are refined for accurate simulation. The generated device structure can be imported in Genius for device simulation.
Generate GDML File
Another function of Gds2Mesh is to generate GDML files for VisualParticle/GSeat. GDML is a standard geometry format defined by Geant4.