The SAE J1939 network protocol describes
communication on a CAN bus in utility vehicles for the transmission of
diagnostics data and control information. It contains a complete network
definition using 29-bit CAN-IDs (CAN 2.0B Extended Frame).
The J1939 add-in for PCAN-Explorer 5 supports all definitions
established by the standard’s parameter groups and provides a simple
means of accessing the parameters. A complete database of all the
definitions and the parameters contained is also supplied.
- Support for all functions of the SAE J1939
- CAN messages can be sent in broadcast form
or targeted to individual control units (ECUs)
- Addressing of up to 254 ECUs
- Supports multi-packet messages
least 512 MB RAM and 1 GHz
- J1939 Add-in software
- Documentation in HTML help format