Intrepid Vehicle Spy Professional
Part No: MPIP-CAN-Vehicle-Spy-Professional
One Tool — Many Tasks
Vehicle Spy Professional is a single tool that enables you to perform diagnostics, node/ECU simulation, data acquisition, automated testing, memory edit/calibration, and vehicle network bus monitoring. Vehicle Spy is designed with one thing in mind: your productivity; it was created to be easy to use, with a low learning curve. Except for certain customer-specific features, all the functionality available in Vehicle Spy Professional is offered at a single low price.
Vehicle Spy Views and Panels
Vehicle Spy’s many functions are carefully organized into panels or views. You can quickly switch between Vehicle Spy functions by clicking on tabs for a panel/view, or by selecting them from the appropriate menus. Here are some of the more commonly-used Vehicle Spy views and panels:
- Messages View: See all messages on all active buses and and signals within them. Some key features of Messages View are fast filtering and activity highlighting.
- Messages / Database Editor View: Vehicle Spy includes a built-in database and message editing facility. To create or edit messages you can go to the Messages Editor and make the necessary changes to messages and signals; this can often be done while Vehicle Spy is left online.
- Transmit Panel: Transmit any kind of message manually, or set up a periodic transmission rate. Expressions can also be entered to automatically change the data in a transmit message.
- Graphical Panels: Create a custom user interface to view bus data the way you need it, transmit messages, and interact with scripts and other parts of Vehicle Spy.
- Signals List: Display the latest values of a list of selected signals.
- Post Analysis: View CAN, LIN, or other network signals along with raw message data, analyze events and data values and patterns.
- MEP Setup: Select an ASAP2 (A2L) file for CCP or XCP and set up options for calibration. Interact with lists of ASAP2 Maps, Curves, Values and Measurements.
- Function Blocks: Function Blocks use a simple mouse-driven step-by-step language to allow Vehicle Spy to be easily scripted even by those with no background in programming. These scripts can also be downloaded to our network adapters and data loggers for real-time execution. Standalone scripts run without the need for a PC and can be used for message gatewaying, handheld flashing, data logging, and much more.
- Diagnostics Setup: Built-in diagnostics support enables you to set up and execute diagnostic jobs and save your results for later analysis.
PC System Requirements
1 Some Ethernet features are not supported with these versions of Windows, but the software is otherwise compatible.
2 Windows RT is not supported by Vehicle Spy.
Optional PC System Components
- Audio card
- GPS Unit with NMEA RS232 Interface
- PC joystick
- Automotive Ethernet
- CAN FD
- Diagnostics over IP (DoIP)
- ISO14229 (UDS)
- CCP / XCP
- J1979 (OBD)
- Automotive Ethernet:
- AVB / TSN (including PTP)
- TCP/IP Suite (IP, TCP, UDP, ARP, and more)
- Ethernet VLAN tagging