Part No: MPPK-CAN-U2C-PCAN-USB
Part No: MPPK-CAN-U2C-PCAN-USB/ISO (opto-decoupled)
The PCAN-USB adapter enables simple connection to CAN networks. Its compact plastic casing makes it suitable for mobile applications.
The opto-decoupled version guarantees galvanic isolation of up to 500 Volts between the PC and the CAN sides.
The package is also supplied with the CAN monitor PCAN-View for Windows® and the programming interface PCAN-Basic.
- Adapter for the USB connection
(USB 1.1, compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0)
- Voltage supply via USB
- Bit rates from 5 kbit/s up to 1 Mbit/s
- Time stamp resolution approx. 42 µs
- Compliant with CAN specifications 2.0A (11-bit ID) and 2.0B (29-bit ID)
- CAN bus connection via D-Sub, 9-pin (in accordance with CiA® 102)
- NXP SJA1000 CAN controller, 16 MHz clock frequency
- NXP PCA82C251 CAN transceiver
- 5-Volt supply to the CAN connection can be connected through a solder jumper, e.g. for external bus converter
- Extended operating temperature range from -40 to 85 °C (-40 to 185 °F)
- Galvanic isolation on the CAN connection up to 500 V
Pin assignment D-Sub
Not connected / optional +5 V
||Not connected / optional +5 V
Scope of supply
- PCAN-USB in plastic casing
- Device drivers for Windows® 8.1, 7, Vista, and Linux (32/64-bit)
- Device driver for Windows® CE 6.x
(x86 and ARMv4 processor support)
- PCAN-View CAN monitor for
- PCAN-Basic programming interface consisting of an interface DLL, examples, and header files for all common programming languages
- Manual in PDF format
Problems while downloading the files? Use the right mouse button and save as ...
PCAN-USB package contains device drivers for Windows® 7/Vista/XP (32/64-bit), the PCAN-Basic API, the PCAN-Light API, the CAN monitor PCAN-View, and documentation (German and English)
PCAN-USB manual in PDF format (German)
PCAN-USB manual in PDF format (English)
PCAN-Linux device driver for PEAK CAN interfaces from Kernel 2.4 and higher