CS320A is a USB 2.0 mixed signal PC oscilloscope
which brings benefits to the user that are unavailable from traditional
Its innovative approach delivers an unbeatable combination of affordability,
ease of use and documentation of test results with the simple 〝Copy and
Paste〞 facility .
CS320A is a USB connected, PC hosted oscilloscope and
spectrum analyzer with PC based application software.
Key features include...
- 2 by 10, 12 or 14 bit analog channels - 100 MSa/s
- USB 2.0 Interface to the PC
- Huge 4/8M Samples storage per channel - up to
32Mbytes in total
- Highly flexible mixed signal triggering
- View small ac signals superimposed on large dc
or ac offset
- Windows application software XP & Vista, 32 or
- Simple Copy and Paste into other applications
such as Word, Excel
- Oscilloscope and Spectrum analyzer displays
- Self calibration
- Upgradeable firmware
- CE approved
- Includes all probes, cables, power supply,
software and manual
CS320A Acquisition Unit
- Two 10, 12 or 14 bit analog channels sampling
simultaneously at 100 MSa/sec. AC or DC coupled.
- USB 2.0 Interface to the PC or 10/100Mbit
ethernet, depending on option
- Gain automatically set from 20mV full scale to
800V full scale by choosing graph view and probe switch setting.
- Offset automatically set to correspond to the
selected amplitude axis view. As an example a graph with amplitude axis
of 2.40 to 2.42V automatically chooses a 20mV range offset by +2.40V -
good for looking at small signals in single supply op-amp applications.
- Analog triggering of the waveform in view with
a resolution of 1% of the display height. The analog trigger may
optionally be conditioned with a low pass, high pass or noise filter.
- One external trigger, threshold adjustable from
0 to ±20V in 40 mV increments.
- A dual hardware trigger system based on a
rising or falling edge on any input signal, optionally qualified by a
user defined digital input combination, triggering when one or both
trigger conditions are met, and the time between triggers is less than,
in or more than a user defined range, or the trigger count equals a user
- A rear panel I/O connector with a 100 Mbit/sec
bi-directional LVDS/RS422 link, and three RS422 outputs defaulting to
sampling started, trigger received and sampling stopped.
- Each channel (two analog, ext trigger and eight
digital) includes 4 or 8M samples of storage, providing up to 40 ms of
simultaneous storage for each channel, with 10 ns resolution.
- The sample storage may be allocated as between
2 to 3000 frames varying in size from 4M to 2000 samples. These may be
used as a history store for reviewing previously captured signals, or to
capture up to 3000 trigger events with a minimal inter-frame delay,
while maintaining time relative to the first trigger for all succeeding
- 20 MHz 5th order Anti-alias filter for improved
Spectrum Analysis performance.
- Triggered LED and Power LED on the front panel.
- Input power range from 6 ~ 12V, 6W provided by
a universal mains adaptor.
- Low jitter (1 ps rms) sampling clock for 70 dB
spurious free dynamic range.
- Self calibration to ensure DC performance
specifications are met.
- Enclosure size: 153 x 195 x 35 mm.
CS300 Application Software
- Separate, freely moveable and resizable windows
to display the signal, a zoomed signal view, and the frequency spectrum
of the signal, and control panel.
- The zoomed signal view optionally tracks the
signal view cursor.
- Spectrum analysis with a variety of
conditioning windows and display in log or linear format.
- Each signal window includes a time/amplitude
tracer, and two markers for comparison purposes. Colours are user
- Signal averaging (exponential, block and peak
hold) and low pass filtering.
- Signal measurement, including Peak to Peak, RMS,
DC, pulse width, period and frequency.
- Copy and Paste graphic or data to other
- Save and Open from disk.
- User defined units, signal names and scaling
(offset and gain).
- Text annotation of each graph.
CS320A Equipment List
The following equipment is included with the CS320A:
- 1 x CS320A Oscilloscope Acquisition Unit
- 1 x Power Supply Unit and lead
- 2 x CS1001 1x/10x 150MHz probe kit
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x CS300 Application Software CD
- 1 x CS328 User Manual