Bluetooth USB Interface
The FirePlug is a Class 1 Bluetooth™ to USB-serial
adapter. It attaches to a USB port on your PC, but
presents itself as a Serial Port. No Windows Bluetooth
drivers or stacks needed!
Unlike standard Bluetooth USB Adapters, this adapter has more
than just a Bluetooth radio in the USB housing. It has
an intelligent bluetooth serial device, capable of being
permanently "Paired" with another bluetooth serial device, such
BluePort XP (battery powered) or
FireFly (RS232 adapter). With the FirePlug^s
onboard memory, you no longer need to rely on Windows to remember
the connection. You can reboot your PC, turn it on and
off, upgrade to Vista, you can even move the FirePlug from one PC to
another-it doesn^t matter. The FirePlug has the power to run
the Bluetooth SPP (Serial Port Profile) on its own with no help from
it stores its bluetooth pairing information in its onboard flash
memory. So set it up once and forget it!
With the FirePlug^s Class
1 Bluetooth Radio, you can transmit your serial data up to 100
meters (330 feet) away. FirePlug utilizes the latest in
USB to serial conversion circuits. Just plug it into your USB
port, and Microsoft certified drivers are installed automatically. Windows will create a serial COM Port, and then you can configure
and control the FirePlug using simple ASCII strings (AT Commands)
over the COM port, no GUI or API drivers into Bluetooth stacks need
to be used or written. By using the simple COM interface, a
more reliable and stable connection can be made and maintained.
The FirePlug supports the
latest and greatest Bluetooth specification 2.0 (which provides
faster Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) and lower Bit Error Rate (BER)), but
is also compatible with devices supporting the older 1.x
- Bluetooth Specification 2.0 (with EDR high data rate)
compliant, also compatible with 1.1/1.2.
- Contains RN41 advanced Bluetooth 2.0 radio module, with full
AT command set.
- Supports SPP (Serial Port) or DUN (Dial UP networking)
- Can be setup to wake sleeping PC or MAC when connected
by remote Bluetooth device.
- Settings can be easily changed with AT commands via serial
port and remotely over Bluetooth.
- DTR mode allows for connect disconnect via standard COM port
- No Windows Bluetooth software or drivers required.
- 2 Status LEDs, Transmit/Received data, Power/Connection
- High Power (Class 1)100 Meter Bluetooth™ radio with integrated
- Uses the FTDIchip FT232RL, the latest in USB to serial
- Plastic housing.
Bluetooth Specification 2.0 (with high EDR data
rate!), compatible with 1.1 and 1.2,
Master, Slave, Instant Cable Replacement
Profile (SPP), Dial Up Networking (DUN)
FHSS (Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum)
Class 1 Bluetooth™(up to 100 meters)
- Transmit/Receive (TX/RX) Data
- Power/Connection Status
-40° to 70°C - All components rated at this range or
-40° to 85°C (-40° to 185°F)